Thursday, June 01, 2006

-ectomy



Inspired, perhaps, by the merciless river path grim reaper, today I deleted an old blog post, the one that has drawn the most search engine traffic to the House of Toast.

It was the post entitled "How To Become ________" -- ah, but I can't say that, can I, or it will start all over again, the googling, the clicking, the arriving , the reading, the commenting, partly in text-message-speak, with all its juvenile abusiveness, its despair and its neuroglucopenic incoherence. It broke my heart how, day in and day out, people from all over the globe, men and women, old and young, and, dare I say it, fat and thin, were attempting to learn "how to become______," something no one should ever aspire to be.

Finally, I couldn't stand it.

So I hit delete. Purged the whole effing thing. Upchucked it, as it were.

And felt better immediately.

No comments: